We run, we walk. We are a community of women who support each other and train together to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Whether a beginner or a seasoned veteran, join our womenâ€™s walking/running group to train for your fall 5k, half marathon or marathon.Â Or join us to get fit and feel great!Â This will be a 12 to 16 week training class that will help you get to the start line of that fall race. Our spring session is full and underway.
We will meet on Monday evenings 6pm at Sahm’s Cafe, downtown, Michigan St @Capitol Ave. PARKING IS FREE! First Summer into Fall class is July 1, July 15, or August 12, depending on your race choice. Â See our FAQ page.
Topics will be customized to the needs of the class but will likely include:
- Warm weather walking/running.
- When bad things happen, from dogs to diarrhea, and what to do.
- How to become mentally tough.
- Strong core, stronger walker or runner.
- The 7 heavenly stretches that help keep you injury free.
- Nutrition for active women.
- How to prepare for a race.